Many people mistake that the military diet menu is only for non-vegetarians and hence stay away from the diet program.
If you’re a vegetarian or a vegan, then here is a good news for you.
You too can follow the 3 day military diet by substituting the non-veg foods with their veg or vegan military diet alternatives.
Vegetarian/Vegan Military Diet Plan for Weight Loss
The vegetarian or vegan version of the military diet is almost similar to the non-vegetarian version, except the non-veg foods are replaced with their veg or vegan alternatives.
We’ve suggested the vegetarian substitutes for meat, tuna and eggs in the diet, while in the vegan version, you’ll substituting those with dairy-free variants.
Also, find the calories in the military diet for a better understanding of this low calorie diet plan.
Day 1 Menu
|1 slice of Whole Wheat Bread (toast)||1 slice toast (brown bread)||1 small Apple|
|2 tbsp Peanut butter||150 g Tofu||1 cup Green Beans|
|1 cup Coffee/Tea without sugar||1 cup Coffee/Tea||100 g cooked beans (Lentils/Kidney Beans/Chickpeas)|
|½ Grapefruit||1 cup Vanilla Ice Cream (Vegans may try the dairy-free variant)|
Day 2 Menu
|1 slice of Whole Wheat Bread (toast)||1 cup Cottage/Cheddar Cheese (Vegans can have 15 to 20 Almonds)||Soy/Tofy Dogs without Buns – 2|
|½ Banana||100 g Cooked Beans||½ cup Banana|
|1 cup/200 ml Soy Milk||5 Saltine Crackers||1 cup Broccoli|
|½ cup Carrots|
|½ cup Vanilla Icecream|
Day 3 Menu
|1 slice Cheddar cheese (15-20 almonds for vegans)||1 slice whole wheat bread toast||150 g Tofu|
|1 small Apple||100g cooked beans||½ Banana|
|5 Saltine Crackers||½ cup Vanilla Ice Cream|
Once you’ve completed the three days military diet program, you should have a moderate calorie diet for the remaining 4 days of the week.
By following this diet, you’ll lose 8 to 10 pounds in just a week without fail. And most importantly, you can sustain the lost pounds as you’re following a maintenance diet during the 4 days off period.
Few Points to Remember
- Drink at least 3 to 4 liters of water every day. This helps in flushing out the harmful impurities from your body, thereby helping you lose weight faster.
- No alcohol or soft drinks or diet sodas. They contain zero nutritional value.
- Stay away from white bread, sugar and other salty & fast foods
- Pack your fridge prior to starting the diet – here’s the grocery list.
- Substitute the foods you don’t like or can’t have, if necessary. But, don’t pick the unhealthy foods.
- A lot of people have followed the diet and lost close to 10 pounds in just 3 days without any exercise. However, with proper high intensity workouts, you can improve your weight loss results further.